Looking for a way to increase equity and student achievement? Join us next week to learn more about OSPI’s Balanced Calendar Initiative (OSPI Bulletin 060-21, 8/13/21). By remaining engaged more consistently throughout the year, students will need less review time at the beginning of the school year, which will lead to more instructional time for all students.
Next Wednesday, October 20, the OSPI and the ESD Network are thrilled host one of two Summits planned for this year for local school leaders to learn together. The Summit is free and open to all. Join your peers and national experts to share best practices and consider the ins-and-outs of embarking on the path to modify school calendars.
Date: Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Time: 2:30pm – 4:00pm
Venue: Fully Virtual via Zoom (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86415819533)
Note: Pre-Registration will not be available. Please access the Zoom link to join the meeting.
1. Presentations from National Experts:
- James M. Pedersen, the author of the book Summer Versus School (2015). Note: All OSPI grant recipients have received copies of this book.
- David Hornak, Executive Director of the National Association for Year-Round Education and our consultant for the Modified Calendar Grant.
2. Job-alike Breakout Sessions for:
- Superintendents/Central Office Staff
- Principals/School Administrators
- School Board Members
3. Resource Sharing to include planning timelines and communication tools.