Streamlining Learning Management System (LMS) Platforms
Selecting a Learning Management System (LMS)
This series, intended for administrators and district leaders, provides an overview of each LMS system’s basic components as well as administrative, teacher and student interfaces. First, you’ll attend a session to give you an overview of considerations and philosophy for remote learning, the top 5 learning management systems in use in Washington State. Then you can choose to attend one or several sessions to give you a more in-depth overview of any LMS you’re interested in considering for your district. Up to 6 clock hours will be available upon completion of the series.
Session 1: Learning Management Systems (LMS) Overview
Wednesday, July 15 » 9:00-10:00 AM
This class provides an overview of each LMS system’s basic components as well as administrative, teacher and student interfaces.
- Better understand the philosophy behind remote learning
- Get an overview of the top 5 platforms
- Understand LMS features helpful for LMS selection
- Learn who should be on your LMS decision-making team
Session 2: Choosing the Right LMS for Your District
Wednesday, July 22 » Choose your session(s)
Learn the basics of each LMS to help you make the right decision for you district/building. Understand how each LMS might fit with other “Core 4” technologies, along with other key aspects of each LMS that may influence your decision making process.
- Understand specific user interfaces: teacher, student/parent
- Learn the pros and cons of each system
- Know how the LMS integrates with other classroom technology
After session 1, you will be able to register for any LMS-specific session as follows:
Direct any questions to your regional contact listed below.