LMS 101 Series
Get to know the “ins-and-outs” of your selected LMS platform through the LMS 101 series! This 3-part series offers multiple opportunities to learn either live or on your own schedule, as well as weekly office hours to support individual questions and deeper learning.
During the LMS 101 series participants will:
- Gain an understanding of how to use their selected LMS.
- Gather ideas for how to develop, organize, and assign classes, materials, activities, assignments, and quizzes/assessments.
- Investigate resources and begin planning to use their LMS in classrooms.
- Develop an understanding of LMS best practices during distance/remote and/or in-person learning.
- Preview parent/student communication reports and access in your chosen LMS.
Part 1 will engage participants in the basics of accessing and navigating select LMS platforms.
Part 2 will support participants in selecting and managing content area student materials and resources to engage students using their selected LMS.
Part 3 will address how participants can use their LMS for assessment and communication with students and families.
The AESD team is developing the next set of “LMS Solutions” courses for educators ready to go to the next step with best practices and higher-level implementation strategies. Stay tuned for more information.
Direct any questions to your regional contact listed below.
Learning Management System (LMS) training and support provided by the AESD for the 2020-21 school year is made possible by federal Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funding through the CARES Act to Washington State.